Thursday, February 28, 2013

Mentors

I never thought I'd have a mentor. I really didn't even know what that meant.
I'm a 42 year old 'rookie.' But I found someone who took me under their wing. She showed me the ropes. She taught me how to xc ski. She made me feel at home. She made me feel like this is where I belonged. I would say a lot of people don't get her. But for some reason she took me in. She made believe in trust again. She called me on my shit. I even call her out on hers now.
Most would say she isn't caring. But those who know her would completely disagree. She's giving and kind and compassionate.
I can't explain fully in words what she's done for me. I came here to isolate myself. I didn't really even come here to make friends. But in her I have found a best friend. Just when you aren't looking, things start to appear. It's still a long road to find myself. I couldn't have been in a better place. With a better person. She'll never quite understand what she means to me. But I'll tell her every day.

No comments: